Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

Hope all of you had a good weekend! Mine was busy, but good. I picked up my new car (!!!!!) Friday night, cleaned my house, and went to bed early.

Saturday started with my favorite pre-run breakfast: pb, nanners, and toast.
I then met up with my sister, three of my nieces and my mom for a local 5k. My nieces and sister ran, and my mom watched.
My girls
Me (and mom's golf cart). The race was less than a mile away from my parent's house. I finished the race in an easy 38:00 - my sister kicked my butt with a 31:00. Two of my nieces placed in the 14-19 age group. I also bought my race series shirt for the year:
After going home and doing around 5 loads of laundry, the husband and I went out to dinner at Sweetgrass, a local restuarant that focuses on "seasonal American food." I got drunken chicken with a grit cake and asparagus.
The husband got salmon.
The food was fabulous, but the atmosphere not so much . . . and it seemed overpriced for what it was.
Sunday was fairly low-key: more laundry, church, and some shopping.
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment