Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot in Here

It was 102 degrees yesterday at work on the manufacturing floor - thank goodness for cloudy weather today! I ran inside, getting in 2 miles in 28 minutes.

As you know, I am planning - no, am going to be running the Wine and Dine half marathon in Disney World on October 2. The race mandates a 16 minute mile pace, though I have a definate goal for myself: to average 12 minute miles. It's achievable given my 5k race pace (Thanks, Mcmillian pace calculator!), but will be a challenge. My formal race begins on Monday. I've put together a hybrid plan using Hal Higdon's Novice Runner and his Walking half marathon plans. The biggest difference between the two? The "runner" uses distance to track all training runs, and the "walker" uses distance for long runs, but time for shorter runs. I seem to do better on runs where the focus is time, so I'll be using that aspect in my plan. I'll have it to share with you on Monday.

Eating this week has been pretty good: greek yogurt, baked chicken, cliff bars. My company is having a cook out today, but I have some issues with food sanitation by novice cooks in high temperatures . . . let's just say I brought my lunch.

This evening holds a yoga class, and possibly shopping for a new car! What kind of car do you drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment