Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crazy Sunday

What a crazy week this has turned into! By the time I leave work today, I will have logged 75 hours since Monday! I have to admit that both my exercise and eating habits haven't been great, though I've been walking/standing at least 6 hours a day at work, and made it to the gym five times. I haven't been running much - 15 miles total this week. I was on the verge of an exhausted-crying-mental break down Friday night (anyone else have those?) from stress and lack of sleep, and skipped that run for some quiet yoga and a nap.

As far as eating, I was really spot on until Thursday, and it went downhill from there, including eating too much co-worker brought in homemade coffee cake, and basically no veggies since Thurday's lunch salad. Something you don't know about me: in March of this year, I began suffering from sporadic severe gastrointestinal issues, which I've found out is IBS, affected mostly by stress and diet. My stomach has been crazy for most of the week, and my fallback foods are carb-aholic in nature: sandwiches, toast, oatmeal, plain pasta, cheese pizza. Hopefully a more relaxed week will get me back on track.

As far as my goal of packing lunched for the week, I did it 5 out of 7 days. I'm going to reuse this goal again this week, because I'm figuring out that my work eating habits are the most destructive to my healthy efforts.

I'll be back later to finish the story about how the husband and I got together, and also with my inches update for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment