Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tempo Runs

Last night, I ran a 30 minute tempo run, at my half marathon goal pace of running a 5:1 run/walk ratio. I kept it shorter than planned because of a little bit of remaining shin pain, but overall it felt pretty good.

My calories went way up last night, when the husband and I finished off his birthday cake. I estimate I ended the day around 2000 calories.

Today I've been oddly hungry, too - I had to be in work super early and I think that messed with my body clock. I've already had:
5:00 am: 1 cliff bar, 240 calories
8:00 am: 1 weight watchers yogurt, 100 calories
7 - 9:30: 1 cherry diet coke, 90 calories
10:45: 1 pack of planter peanuts, 170 calories
Total for the morning: 600 (!!)

How do you sprent out your calories? I am happier eating smaller items at spaced intervals, but would a bigger breakfast better stave off hunger?

1 comment:

  1. I totally eat more in the morning! My days are generally like this:

    First thing, cup of tea, coffee, or a latte
    Shortly after, piece of fruit
    No later than 10am, small breakfast
    2 hours later, snack
    2 hours later, lunch

    Often by the time I finish lunch, I've already consumed 2/3 of my calories for the day! Then I maybe have a mid-afternoon snack (maybe note) and then an early dinner. I try not to eat after 6pm, but if I'm really hungry I'll have an ounce of nuts of 1/2 C plain yogurt in the evening.

    ReplyDelete