Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Falling for running . .

Last night, the husband and I went to the Y after work. I lifted weights for 35 minutes:
Lat pull downs, 2 sets of 12 at 30 pounds
Bicep curls, 2 sets of 10 at 20 pounds
Chest press, 2 sets of 12 at 25 pounds
25 calf raises with 10 pound weights
Tricep extensions, 2 sets of 12 with 15 pounds
Tons of ab work - crunches, twists, planks

Then I ran home, about 3 miles. It was the first time I've ever done this, and it was suprisingly nice to run to *get* somewhere. The first mile is on sidewalk, and the second is on a local coverted railroad that is a very popular running and bike trail. I finished the trip in a little under 35 minutes, including waiting on two stop lights.

When I got home, I began to water my flowers, and thanks to the combination of wet concrete and bare feetm promptly fell off my front step - only about a foot off the group, thank fully. I now have concrete burn on both knees, and a sizeable bruise! Be careful around water, ladies!

I have hatha yoga planned for tonight, with maybe a short run afterwards. What are your evening plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment