Wednesday, May 26, 2010

About Me

With Liz from the Biggest Loser at Nashville's Resolution Run 5K

I am an engineer at a major automotive company, and have a bachelor's and Master's degree from Indiana University. I got married a little over a year ago, to my engineer husband, and we share a house with our two dogs, a jack russell terrier and a minature schnauzer.

I started my running life on Sept 21, 2009. I had always wanted to run a 5k, and impusively chose a first race on Sept 26, knowing I would be walking the majority of it. On that first run, I could literally only make it 1 1/2 minutes without stopping. I finished my first 5k in 42:18, slow but addicting, exhilerating. Since then, I have run between 10 - 25 miles a week, fighting shoe issues and a 65+ hour a week work schedule. My current 5k PR is 34:54 - I'd love to get under 30 this year. My half marathon training formally starts June 1, with a goal of running it at 5:1 run/walk ratio.

I hope to use this blog to track my training, eating, and hopeful weight loss through this process.
What are your running goals?

sAc

1 comment:

  1. I went to IU, too! Go Hoosiers! :-)

    Wow, I can't believe you work 65 + hours a week! I will stop complaining now about how much I work.

    I think it is great that you've started this running journey with specific goals in mind. I'm excited to see how your training goes for your 1/2 - you're going to totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete